Madfes Dermatology & Aesthetics Group Spring 2023 letter.
Pre & Post-Treatment Instructions
Common Medical Skin Conditions
Osaka, Japan, here they come! The dynamic mother & daughter duo, Mallory & Diane, are teaming up with the American Academy of Dermatology for their fifth year of Skin Cancer, Take a Hike!™....
Introducing Ellacor® – the first and only FDA-approved fractional micro-coring device that removes excess skin to improve skin laxity! A small gauge needling device is used to create tiny punches in...
HAIR REMOVAL Patient INSTRUCTIONS
- Patients must shave the day before
- Apply topical numbing cream 1-hour prior to appointment time
- No sun exposure to area 1 week prior to appointment
- Stop waxing/threading 2 weeks prior
For the next three days (starting today)
- Stop all topical medications (i.e. Retin-A, Renova, acne medicines).
- Use a simple cleanser to wash the area twice a day.
- Apply morning and night, a small amount of cortisone sample to red areas only.
- Moisturizer may be applied over if needed.
After the third day, resume your normal regimen – i.e. topical products, deodorants…
It is common after treatment to experience redness, dryness, increased sensitivity and tingling. Residual treated hairs may be gently removed. The area must be protected from sun exposure to prevent the treated area from healing dark and for additional treatments.
If you have any questions, please call the office (212) 249-8118.